Simple Home Made Hummus
- 1 can of tinned organic chick peas
- 3/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 2 teaspoons of garlic granules or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Juice of two lemons or 1/4 cup juice
- 1/4 cup organic tahini
- Season with pepper if desired
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Garnish with dukka spices, finely chopped fresh parsley, paprika and drizzle with olive oil
- Food processor or high powered blender
- Tip tahini and lemon juice into high speed blender or food processor until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients in and blend on high speed until you reach a smooth consistency and scrap the sides once or twice to eliminate lumps.
- Scrap into into a serving dish and garnish with dukka, herbs, paprika and oil.
Should last in air tight container in fridge for 1 week.
TIP: Double the recipe if you like your hummus we go through this often in 1 night and end up wishing we made a bigger batch.
We love serving our hummus on antipasto platters for entertaining with a mix of chopped raw veggies for tipping and home made dehydrated vegetable chips for crunch and variation in texture and taste.
We also love using this as a base sauce in home made falafel toasted wraps with pita bread - Delicious!